Saturday, August 17, 2013

RepliKate Shoe Update

I haven't put much thought into planning any posts.  Sure I have a few ideas but nothing that I've really put into motion yet.
But for some reason I managed to do a bit of online window shopping for one of my favorite Kate items, the L.K. Bennett patent espadrille.  These shoes have made various appearances over the years but perhaps most notably on the day after the wedding as the Cambridges were leaving London.

Image via StyleBistro.

The style Kate is wearing above is the discontinued "Greta".

L.K. Bennett Greta wedge.

However L.K Bennett re-issued versions of the "Greta" wedge under the new style names "Maddox" and "Zella", as previously mentioned on the blog.  Aside from a slight difference in style to the "Greta" - namely the lack of espadrille-covered platform and a difference in height between the two new styles - the shoes are fairly true to the original style.

L.K. Bennet styles "Maddox" (left) & "Zella" (right).

I found last year that this was a spring issue shoe, and while I did conduct an exhaustive search in the spring of this year, that searched turned up nothing.  However much to my delight my search this time around did yield results.

First I was delighted to find the "Zella" version by L.K. Bennett at a reduced price.  Although it should be noted that this is the navy colored version and sizes are limited.
I myself already have a replikate version of this shoe yet I find myself so enticed by the sale price of these L.K. Bennett beauties that I may not be able to resist (a dilemma easily resolved by telling myself that I don't have any shoes in navy!)
Originally $295 USD, they are currently on sale for approximately $177 (in limited sizing only).

L.K. Bennet style "Zella" in navy,
via Bloomingdale's.

I was surprised to see the Aerosole style "Plum Tree" (as mentioned in the previous post) was still available, until I was alerted to its availability by a commenter.  Sure enough I managed to find this version.
This style retails for approximately $79 USD.

Aerosoles style "Plum Tree" in black
(also avail. in other colors), via Macy's.

New to the list are these leather versions by Vaneli.  As you can see this style is a very good dupe - and for those of you interested it also comes in navy (albeit a darker shade than the Zella above).
This style is currently retailing for approximately $129 USD.
Another new-to-the-list shoe is this version from ASOS by the brand Oasis.  While this version has the similar glossy patent upper look, the clear distinction is the stacked wedge heel.  It still seemed to me like a good enough repli-kate so I included it, though you may have noticed that I have largely shied away from featuring stacked wedges for dupes of this shoe.
This version retails for approximately $75.94 USD, currently on sale for approximately $53.16.

Oasis brand patent wedge shoe via ASOS.

I also came across a fairly decent repliKate of Kate's Stuart Weitzman "Corkswoon" style cork wedges.  You may recall she debuted these (and wore them to death) at around the time of the London Olympics of 2012 and broke them out again for the Cambridges Asia Tour.

Image via StyleBistro.

These Nine West denin canvas wedges are a pretty good knock off.  The glaring exception is of course the ankle strap and lack of a cork finished wedge, but all in all its a pretty good dupe
Approximately $89 USD, currently on sale for approximately $49.95.

Nine West style "Luicy", shown in denim canvas
(also avail in other colors).

No comments:

Post a Comment