Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mulberry navy broderie anglaise dress

Back in September the Duke and Duchess went on an Asia tour as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubliee.
Here is Kate arriving at the Solomon Islands.  She wore a Mulberry dress in navy broderie anglaise, which for Americans is known as eyelet.  She accessorised the dress with a matching belt and her favored shoes of that season, the Stuart Weitzman cork wedges.
The dress actually has a collar, which you can't see in the above picture since Kate's hair is in the way but here is a close up.  Due to the tropical location, the effect of the humidity on her hair, and the collar detail this would have been a great opportunity for her to wear her hair up in a fun pony, but alas she did not.
I actually like this dress since I think fuller skirts really help proportion her figure, however I think that "skater" style dress isn't very appropriate for an official tour visit.  I think the fabric choice is fresh and appropriate for the tropical location, I just wish she would have chosen a brighter color!

Via Grazia.

This dress was part of the Mulberry 2012 Resort collection.  Since its a past collection I couldn't find any listing for this dress but one estimate that I saw puts it at about $500 U.S.

Via Grazia.

Obviously I would have loved to find a black or navy eyelet dress, but I had to settle for a similar albeit plain one from Dorothy Perkins.  I still think its an excellent repliKate since the silhouette is spot on, the "skater" length is about the same, and it has both a belt detail and a neckline detail that sort of mimics the collar of Kate's version.

Dorothy Perkins - navy flared dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment