Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Amanda Wakely grey shift

Early in 2012 (I think) Kate attended a World War I gallery fundraising campaign.
She wore an understated charcoal grey Amanda Wakely shift dress.  The dress has a bateau neckline, 3/4 length sleeves and was accessorized with a metallic Alexander McQueen belt.

Via Christina's blog.

Its not my favorite look because its a bit boring but the occasion probably warranted a somber and serious ensemble.  On the plus side, from this angle it looks like the boatneck actually helps to balance out her shoulder line so she is not looking too long in the shoulder here.

Via InStyle UK.

I don't know if this particular shift dress was a bespoke custom piece but similarly simple Amanda Wakely dresses range well upwards of £500, or about $800 U.S.

I managed to find a pretty decent repliKate in this Banana Republic shift dress.  I think it matches the silhouette and style of Kate's perfectly.  It even comes belted!
Retails for approximately $130-109 U.S.

Banana Republic - Belted shift dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment