Monday, August 20, 2012

Eliza J "Kate Inspired Royal Collection

This was news way back in November 2011 but its new to me.
Women's brand Eliza J announced a Kate Middleton inspired "Royal Collection" to be available exclusively at Macy's.
The only reason I recently know this is because I was at Macy's and came across a floral print dress that was a dead ringer for Kate's watercolor Jenny Packham dress.  My interest was piqued so I looked for the label and I found "Eliza J Royal Collection" exclusive to Macy's.
However quick internet search of Macy's Eliza J online selection turns up paltry results, save for a one button blazer -- shown worn over the same collection's blue wrap dress which seems to no longer be available.  After I'd say a few hours of searching (yet I get obsessive) I have yet to find much info on this interesting line and frustratingly, NO sign of that floral print dress.
The only other options I've found are both expired listings for a green dolman sleeve dress and a blue lace dress.


The green is in the style of the Diane Von Furstenburg green dress that the Duchess wore first to a reception event and then to Windsor cousin Zara Phillip's pre-wedding festivities; of course the other is a repliKate of the navy lace Erdem (which I recently did a post on if you remember.)



A bit of an internet search however turned up the lace overlay dress via retailer Von Mauer.
Similar to Kate's original and the other look-a-likes, this piece features the 3/4 length lace sleeves, a scooped neckline, and a v-back.  My favorite detail of this and the other repli-Kates I found is the deep navy color, since there are other brighter blue long sleeve lace dresses that are abundant.
This version retails for ≈ $188.

Eliza J via Von Maur - Kate Middleton lace overlay dress.

I'm just a bit perplexed as to why I was able to find Eliza J's Kate inspired looks via another retailer when there was supposed to be an exclusive collaboration with Macy's.

Since I was there I took a good search around Von Maur's website and didn't find many other "Kate" looks in their Eliza J selection either.
There was a white rhinestone button cropped angora cardigan that is supposed to be similar to the one Kate wore for her reception.
Retails for ≈$90.
Eliza J via Von Maur - Kate rhinestone button cardigan.

But well I think this repli-Kate is just a bit of a stretch since the original piece doesn't have buttons.

Kate's Alexander McQueen reception wedding gown.

On a side note, I'm now extremely interested to know the legal issues as far as being able to use the name "Kate Middleton" or "Kate" for any inspired-by collections.

1 comment:

  1. The original does have buttons actually. Just google a closer picture of it

    ReplyDelete